To create favorable conditions for demonstrating national humanism, charity and selfless assistance and to develop international cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan and its public participation in implementing ideals and principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement:
1. The Supreme Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan shall admit Geneva Convention dd. August 12, 1949 and Additional Protocols I & II dd. September 26, 1977, which specify authorities of Red Crescent Society in Uzbekistan included in International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
2. The Red Crescent Society of Uzbekistan shall operate throughout the country and voluntarily assist to the state and its public health and social protection authorities in providing the humanitarian assistance. The state shall guarantee the observance rights and powers of the Red Crescent Society and assist in performing statutory activities.
3. The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, hokims of regions and Tashkent city, heads of ministries, departments, associations, enterprises and organizations shall provide full assistance to the Red Crescent Society in its humanitarian work.
4. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan in cooperation with the Red Crescent Society shall submit to the Supreme Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan the following proposals:
- to lift restrictions on the amount of charitable contributions and other donations to the Red Crescent Society, which are excluded from tax base in accordance with Article 12 of the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Taxes from enterprises, associations and organizations;
- to exempt the Red Crescent Society and its established organizations and companies from all budget taxes provided a full use of these funds for implementing basic statutory goals.
5. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan shall develop a procedure for charity events for raising funds by the Red Crescent Society, as well as shall resolve issues associated with starting its business and its entry into the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies
the Republic of Uzbekistan
N УП-411,dated May 28, 1992